Ever wonder how to make garlic bread at home? Want to have an exact taste of a restaurant?
Garlic Bread can be made at home with simple ingredients. The primary key to making garlic bread tastier is keeping it simple and adding a good amount of garlic for more flavor.
Moreover, there are plenty of methods for making garlic bread. You can either use French or Italian bread to make it.
The most straightforward recipe for making garlic bread is to rub garlic cloves over toasted bread and spread a bit of butter or olive oil over it. Heat it a bit, and your Garlic Bread is ready to eat.
However, we will discuss the two most popular Garlic Bread recipe to help you make the most delicious ones. Let’s start the yummiest visit to our kitchen!
What is the Easiest Garlic Bread Recipe?
Here is the easiest Garlic Bread Recipe. You can follow it with two different techniques depending on how you like your garlic bread.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 13 minutes
Total Time: 18 minutes
- 450 grams (116 ounces) of Italian or French Bread
- ½ cup (112 grams) Softened Unsalted Butter
- 2-4 Garlic cloves, smashed and minced finely
- 1 tbsp of freshly chopped Parsley
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) Freshly grated Cheese (optional)
If you want to prepare a toasted garlic bread, you need to follow the steps below:
- Switch on the oven to 350°F and preheat it for almost 15 minutes.
- Take a bowl, add butter, garlic, and parsley, mix them to make a thick mixture, and set aside.
- Now take the bread and cut it into thick slices.
- Spread an even layer of the butter mixture on either side of the piece.
- Place all the bread slices over the oven tray and heat it for about 10 minutes at 350°F.
- Take out the oven tray and sprinkle cheese over it and broil it again in the oven.
- Let it warm in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble. Observe it as it can burn at any time.
- Remove it from the oven when the slices are evenly cooked and toasted from the corners.
- Serve it once its temperature is decreased.
If your family and friends like garlic bread to be soft, follow these steps:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make a mixture of butter, parsley, and garlic (same as above).
- Take an entire bread loaf of Italian or French bread, and cut the 1-inch thick slices.
- Apply the mixture to each piece and place them again in the shape of the bread loaf.
- You can apply the mixture on both sides if you are fond of garlic flavor.
- Wrap the bread with an aluminum foil and let it heat in the oven for almost 15 minutes at 350°F.
- The garlic bread is ready when the butter is melted completely.
- Take out the bread from the oven and remove the aluminum foil.
- Tear the slices apart and serve the garlic bread hot.
The nutritional content of a single Garlic Bread slice is:
- 258 Calories
- 13grams Fat (7gram saturated fat)
- 31 mg of cholesterol
- 462grams sodium
- 30grams carbohydrates (1gram sugar and 2 grams fiber)
- 5 grams protein
Freezing and Storing of Garlic Bread
Whether you like garlic bread crispy or soft, it is always best to eat it right from the oven. However, when you have leftover bread or want to make it ahead of time, you can store it to use later. Typically, frozen garlic bread can last up to three months if kept properly.
How to Freeze Garlic Bread?
If you want to freeze the garlic bread for future use, you follow these quick and straightforward steps:
- Prepare the garlic bread up to the baking stage.
- Wrap them properly with aluminum foil.
- Keep them in a freezer for later use.
How to Reheat a Toasted Garlic Bread?
Now that you have frozen garlic bread and you want to keep it crispy, follow these steps:
- Unwrap the bread slices and place the halves on a baking tray.
- Cover the tray loosely with a foil and let it heat until the cuts are warm.
- Once the butter starts melting, remove the foil and bake them like normal.
How to Reheat Soft Garlic Bread?
If you want to cook the frozen garlic bread soft, follow these steps as it is:
- Place the bread slices horizontally over a baking tray and loosely cover the entire baking tray with an aluminum foil.
- Continue baking the garlic bread the same way until it is completely done.
- Take out the pieces from the oven and serve immediately once they are done.
Save this Garlic Bread Recipe and surprise your guests on their next visit!