Craving for delicious lasagna? Then, I think you are at the right place? We are going to present you with the easy homemade lasagna recipe.
Is lasagna Italian or Mexican? The answer is simple lasagna is an Italian dish. It was invented during the middle ages. Officially in the early 14th century, it was published in the book titled Liber de Coquina (The Book of Cookery).
So, while you are making lasagna, the first question that pops up in your mind’s, what are the components of lasagna?
There’s a simple explanation:
Lasagna comprises three major components: the soft layers of pasta, cheese, and juicy beef. The pasta is boiled separately, then pasta, beef, and cheese are layered and baked in the oven. Is it mouth-watering?
Let’s not wait and get started with the easy homemade lasagna recipe!
Easy Homemade Lasagna Recipe- You Must Try!
- 1 tbsp – olive oil
- 1 – onion
- 9 – lasagna noodles
- 4 – cloves of garlic
- 500 grams – Ground beef minced
- Kosher salt according to taste
- Black pepper, according to taste
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp – Italian seasoning
- 1 (15 ounces) package of whole milk ricotta
- 3 ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 large egg or 2 medium eggs
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp- chopped parsley leaves
Steps to Follow
- For the Preparation of Meat
- Finely chopped the onions
- Take a pan and heat the olive oil
- Now add onion and ground beef.
- Make sure you crumble the minced beef while cooking.
- Cook the beef for about 2-3 minutes until it turns brown.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Drain the meat so that it may not have excess fat left.
- Add tomatoes and Italian seasoning.
- Stir the meat with tomatoes and Italian seasoning until combined well.
- Cheese Preparation
- Divide the mozzarella cheese into two equal parts.
- Take a medium-sized bowl
- Add one part of mozzarella cheese.
- Now add ricotta cheese
- Last, beat the eggs and add them to the bowl.
- Now mix them and put them aside.
- Pasta Preparation
- Take a pot and boil water in it
- Add salt to taste and oil.
- Add lasagna noodles to it and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Layering the Lasagna
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Take the baking dish (9×13) and put on a light layer of oil or a non-stick spray.
- Spread 1 cup of tomato sauce in a baking dish.
- At the top of the tomato layer, add 3 lasagna noodles.
- Now add half of the cheese mixture
- Add a layer of 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- Repeat from step 4 to step 6 for the second layer.
- Add finely grated parmesan
- Now place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake it for about 35-45 minutes, or until it gets bubbling.
- Broil it for 2-3 minutes until the top layer gets the beautiful brown spots.
- Take the baking dish out of the oven.
- Let it cook for 15-20 minutes
- Now, garnish it with fresh parsley.
Your yummy and easy homemade lasagna is ready to serve.
Béchamel Sauce (White sauce)
For extra flavor, you can add Bechamel White Sauce to your lasagna.
Bechamel sauce is a combination of flour, butter, and milk. It is used in lasagna, Mac and cheese, and cheese souffle dishes. It adds a delicious creamy flavor. Using bechamel sauce, more sauces are created like Mornay sauce, cream sauce, and soubise sauce.
To make the sauce, you’ll need
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- Salt according to taste
- 5 tbsp Butter
- 1-quart milk
- ¼ tbsp freshly grated nutmeg
Steps to Follow
- Take a saucepan.
- Add butter to it
- In a medium flame, melt the butter.
- Now gradually add all-purpose flour and continue to stir it so that it may not get lumpy.
- Cook for about 7 minutes, until it turns its color to a sweet sandy color
- Now increase the heat to medium-high flame and add milk and slowly whisk the sauce
- Continue simmering at medium-low.
- Cook for 10-20 minutes until the taste is no longer gritty.
- Add salt and nutmeg for seasoning.
Make-Ahead of Time
You can prepare the lasagna ahead of time and wrap it tightly with plastic. You can store it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
For serving, remove the plastic wrapping, put it in the oven, and bake for 40 minutes.
To store the lasagne for later use, simply wrap the lasagna with plastic and aluminum foil, and freeze it for up to 3 months.
Remove the covering, and you can place it in the oven for 90 minutes. Cook for 10-15 minutes to get perfectly cooked lasagna.
Some Effective Tips
- For best results, try to use whole milk mozzarella and ricotta cheese.
- While baking the lasagna, try to wrap it with aluminum foil so it will be cooked perfectly. And bake for another 10-15 minutes to get a perfect golden brown color.
- The last layer of lasagna should be covered with sauce, and the sauce topped with cheese. It will help the pasta to be in a soft texture. Otherwise, it can turn brittle.
- After removing it from the oven, leave it for 10-15 minutes, To have perfectly layered cut pieces of lasagna.
- Try to have the first layer of lasagna with a lot of sauce so that lasagna may not get stuck to the baking dish.
- When using different veggies, saute them first and remove excess water. Watery veggies may affect the texture of lasagna.
Try this easy homemade lasagna recipe and give yourself a treat this weekend!