Pamper yourself by learning these basic yet delicious recipes for club sandwiches. Here we will present some easy recipes for club sandwiches that can make your meal mouthwatering.
Just for your information, the Club sandwich is also known as the Clubhouse Sandwich. Now the question arises: what is considered a club sandwich?
It is a sandwich that contains 3 slices of bread with 2 layers of juicy meat, mayonnaise, and veggies. These two layers are separated with the help of a bread slice.
Let’s come to the point. This article will present you with the two most basic club sandwich recipes that will give you a hands-on experience. After learning these basic recipes, you can add different innovations to these recipes and can create your version of the club sandwich.
Here we go!
How to Make Yummy Club Sandwich?
Classical Club Sandwich
Technically, it is a healthy meal for diet-conscious people. Enough with the talk; let’s move to the recipe.
- 6 pieces – of multi-grain bread
- 2 tbsp- vegan mayonnaise
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ¼ sliced and chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ sliced and chopped yellow bell pepper
- ¼ sliced and chopped green pepper
- 1 medium-sized onion chopped
- 1 medium-sized shredded carrot
- 1 medium-sized potato sliced
- Lettuce leaf as much needed
We use a vegan mayonnaise, an eggless mayo, to make it a healthy recipe. It comprises soy milk and oil. Also, it has fewer saturated fats with no cholesterol.
Steps to Follow
- Take oil in a pan and heat it.
- Put potato slices to a pan and fry until it turns color in golden brown
- Season the slices with salt and put them aside
- Take all the veggies except tomatoes in the pan with a small amount of oil.
- Saute the veggies for about 2-3 minutes.
- Take them out in the bowl, add salt and pepper according to taste, and put them aside
Assembling of sandwich
- For one club sandwich, take three bread slices.
- Toast the bread slices
- Now spread vegan mayo on all bread slices
- Put a lettuce leaf on a slice.
- Then add a layer of potato slices and tomato slices.
- If there is a need, add some salt and pepper for taste.
- Take another bread slice and top it with a lettuce leaf
- Spread veggies on the bread slice
- Cover it with the last bread slice.
- Cut the sandwich diagonally
- Repeat the same steps for other club sandwiches.
Your health and yummy club sandwiches are ready to serve.
Chicken Club Sandwich
This club sandwich combines chicken, cheese, mayonnaise, and veggies. The layers of juicy chicken and veggies make a perfect bite.
- 1 cup boil and shredded chicken
- ¼ tsp or, to taste, black pepper
- ¼ tsp – White pepper
- ¼ tsp or to taste- Salt
- 1-2 tbsp – Butter
- 1 large or 2 medium – eggs
- 1 pinch – yellow food color (optional)
- 1 tbsp – oil
- Bread slices
- Cucumber slices – as required
- Tomato slices – as required
- In a bowl, add chicken, black and white pepper, butter, and salt
- Mix it well and put them aside.
- In a separate bowl, take eggs, yellow food color, and salt
- Whisk the mixture well and put it aside.
- Take a frying pan and brush it with a little oil
- Add the omelet mixture, cook the omelet from both sides, and place the omelet on the plate.
- Cut the corners of the bread slices
- Grill 3 bread slices on the grill pan
- Spread mayonnaise on the bread slices
- Now add a layer of chicken followed by cucumber on a bread slice and cover it with another bread slice
- Place lettuce leaf, egg omelet, tomato slices, and cheese slices on it and top it with another grilled bread slice.
- Grease the grill pan with butter
- Grill both sides of the club sandwich
- Cut the sandwich into two halves.
The club sandwich is ready to be served. You can serve it with coleslaw, french fries, and ketchup to make it more delicious.
Some useful tips
- Make sure you spread the mayo on the bread slice carefully to the edges, also as the main layer of mayo creates flavor to the sandwich and gives a moist texture to the sandwich.
- You can also try different sauces like mustard sauce, butter, cream cheese, barbeque sauce, or salsas to make it flavorful.
- If you are making club sandwiches super early, then try to avoid using tomatoes or lettuce as it may make your sandwiches soggy.
- You can place wooden cocktail toothpicks or skewers in the sandwich for better garnishing. It will prevent sandwich layering from falling apart.